FIT SPECIALIST AND SALES ASSOCIATE
- GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The goals and objectives should serve the purpose of enhancing the image of the Gears brand. Ensuring that every one of our customers is being properly fit on their bike results in enhancing our reputation as a knowledgeable leader in the cycling industry. This can be achieved through fully understanding and exercising store policies at all times. Ensuring that principals in fit are being followed. (Consistency), Obtain complete product knowledge (professionalism), maintain and expand the customer base by providing excellent customer service (community building), be in touch with the developments in the bicycle industry and in updated information of fit technology (knowledge), engaging in cross training to understand the responsibilities and procedures of the colleagues in other sections of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for ensuring that all customers are attended to in a timely manner. Ensure that customers are being listened to and being treated with respect, professionalism and courtesy.
- Adhere to sound fit principals and listen to any client concerns and adjust the bike as necessary in conjunction with mechanics to achieve optimum results.
- In a consultative manner, ensure that customers are encouraged to purchase additional equipment required.
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace at all times adhering to the housekeeping checklist for the fit area.
- Mentor new fitting staff.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
The sales/ fit associate must possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills, positive attitude and enthusiasm, product and industry knowledge, ability to adapt to various customer needs and personalities, technical knowledge (bicycle maintenance and repair), presentation skills, public speaking, strong sales skills (needs analysis, qualification, and closing skills), strong desire to provide strong customer service and after sales support.
- An educational background or a strong knowledge of the mechanics of the body is required. In addition to academic experience at a post secondary facility, specific industry education will be required.
- Since the fitter is involved with touching the clients a strong degree of professionalism is required.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
GEARS Bike Shop