Gears Mississauga location offers instructor-led indoor cycling classes on stationary bikes, spinning. Gears Mississauga has a 36 bike, amphitheatre style setting, with classes 7 days a week using Schwinn Pro bikes. Spinning is for all levels, anyone can ride a stationary bike, don’t be shy, come out and give it a try. Unlike an outdoor running group, everyone begins and finishes together. There are 2 things that bring up your heart rate, leg speed, and tension on the bike, and you are in control of both of those. You can try to do everything the instructor does, but you always remain in charge of how much you put in. Wearing a heart rate monitor can really help you achieve the best heart rate zone for you to train in, whether it is 120bpm, or up to 175bpm. Gears sells Polar Heart Rate Monitors.
Wear cycling shorts (if you have them), bring clean indoor shoes (running or cycling shoes as long as they’re clean), a bottle of water and a towel. Gears also sell cycling shorts $59.95-$199.95, as well as cycling shoes starting at $129.95 + cleats (hardware to attach to the supplied pedals). Cycling shorts will add padding directly to your body that is more effective than a gel seat pad that moves around. Cycling shoes provide a solid platform for greater support for your foot, and by clipping in you will benefit from being able to properly pull-up as well as push-down on the pedal.
1 class is $10, 15 classes is $9 each, $135, and 30 classes is $8 each, $240.
All + hst.
Note. Our spin bikes can also be reserved for individual 60-min self-guided training sessions during hours outside of regularly scheduled group sessions.
GEARS Spin Studio Etiquette and Rules
1. Do not wear dirty shoes in the studio. Indoor shoes or clean cycling shoes without mud caked into the cleats are appropriate. You can wear either cycling (spd) shoes, or running shoes. The studio is equipped with both spd pedals and toe straps. We have an entry way for outdoor shoes to be left, before entering the studio. We would be happy to sell you an indoor cycling specific pair of shoes, for indoor use only!
2. If you sign up for a class, and do not cancel the class, you will be charged only if the class was booked full. You must cancel the class the night before the scheduled class to ensure you will not be charged.
3. If you are signed up for a class and show up late, and there are people waiting for a bike, you will lose your position the moment the music begins. This can be prevented by calling the store/studio you are booked with and letting us know you are on your way (you must speak with someone. Ie. This won’t work for early classes when the store is not open).
4. Refrain from in-class conversation, it can be disruptive to those around you.
5. After class please wipe down the bike, use your towel to mop up sweat, and remove the handlebars from the bike.
6. Heart rate monitors are encouraged to allow you to have a great hour work-out training in a healthy aerobic zone.
7. As a courtesy to other patrons who may be allergic to scented perfumes or sprays, we ask that you refrain from using scented perfumes or sprays in the studio environment.