Gears mechanics are some of the most experienced in the business. Some of our wrenches have traveled on national team projects while others have owned their own bike shops. Our business began as a service shop and that continues to be a main focus today. We understand that finding exceptional service and mechanical ability is a big challenge, but we are confident to say that we will be able to help you with any of your service needs. We want our bikes to work well and we want yours to work well also.
We are happy to work on all kinds of bikes; classics, beaters, mountain, road, tri, touring, racing, children’s etc. We are able to do whatever you need from minor adjustments, to major overhauls, building wheels to rebuilding suspension forks. Obviously the service shop is much busier March-July, regardless, you don’t need an appointment to bring your bike in for service.
A bicycle should be looked at as a vehicle and not a toy. For optimal performance and your safety or the safety of your children, bicycles should be properly tuned each spring, with ongoing maintenance as required defined by the amount of use it gets.
GEARS BIKE PURCHASE AND LIFETIME WARRANTY ADJUSTMENTS
When you purchase a new bike from Gears we include warranty adjustments for as long as you own the bike. Essentially we are offering you our expertise. If you have a concern, we share it. Unlike many mass merchants, we have a full-time service department that operates 7 days a week. At no extra charge we will solve your problems.
Warranty Adjustment Conditions
- Adjustments are on the spot, while you wait, appointments are not needed
- Adjustments are performed on clean bikes only
- Bikes that are abused or ill-treated voids the free warranty
- Warranty on parts and frames are subject to manufacturer warranty restrictions
- Accessories purchased along with your bike may be installed on your bike for a minimal fee
- Flat tires, complete tune-ups, and overhauls (fork, hub, headset, or entire bike) are not covered under warranty adjustment service